As ACORD opens it doors this morning to as many as 2,000 attendees to its ACORD LOMA Insurance Systems Forum in Orlando, the global association announced improvements to its member services, including an expansion of its educational resources and social media initiatives.
The ACORD Knowledge Center will offer members and industry participants access to a knowledge base of webinars, documents, classes and other educational opportunities.
“We’re going to start off with a series of webinars that will provide educational insights into a variety of topics, including those related to ACORD standards implementations,” said Beth Grossman, chief learning officer, ACORD. “From there, with the help and support of ACORD members, we’ll begin growing the Knowledge Center and include a variety of documents and other resources.”
The webinar series is scheduled to launch in June and will concentrate on unique ACORD implementations, as well as employee benefits, exposure reporting, telematics and eSignatures.
ACORD also will soon launch features on its website to better integrate social media with business objectives.
“ACORD is a member-driven organization and we want to do whatever we can to support their interactions and efforts,” said Pete Teresi, CTO, ACORD. “By blending in these new interactive functions, we’re elevating our site to a new level and making it a place to learn and communicate, not just download forms and standards.”
The new features include:
* Enhanced communities; building on ACE, property/casualty and others, the new site will provide better methods to connect participants, share ideas and collaborate.
* Microblogging; to share ideas and comment on posts.
* A new question and answer functionality will be introduced.
* Activity streams will allow registered users to view comments, ‘likes’ and sharing activities for follow-up and receive daily digests of community activities and alerts.
“We plan to roll these changes out gradually as we move towards a new and improved user experience and update of our site,” Teresi said. “With these new capabilities, we believe that accord.com will become a must-visit site for everyone involved with insurance technology.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access