AIG Private Client Group, a division of the personal lines property and casualty insurance subsidiaries of American International Group Inc. (AIG), is expanding its Wildfire Protection Unit, a mobile service designed to mitigate wildfire exposure and proactively respond to high net worth insureds in select areas of high exposure.The Wildfire Protection Unit was first introduced in June 2005 and was available to insureds residing in 14 California ZIP codes. The service, which is complimentary for eligible insureds, has been expanded to reach 90 ZIP codes, including select areas of Colorado.
Wildfire Protection Unit services include:
- On-site consultation--wildfire mitigation specialists visit the policyholder's property to assess exposure levels and determine if pre-treatment is warranted.
- Pre-treatment--if necessary, perimeter brush on the property is sprayed with Phos-Chek, the same environmentally friendly fire retardant used by the U.S. Forest Service.
- Rapid Response--enrolled properties are mapped using GPS technology. If a wildfire threatens the home, a "Rapid Response" truck will be automatically dispatched to apply fire retardant to all combustible areas on the property, including landscaping.
"So far in 2006 we have seen an unprecedented amount of wildfires across the U.S. Not only is the number of wildfires at an all-time high, but the severity and geographic areas they affect are increasing," says Stephen Poux, vice president of loss prevention, AIG Private Client Group. "Rather than sit idly and hope for the best, we sought to proactively address the threat faced by many of our policyholders. We are excited to expand the geographic reach of the Wildfire Protection Unit to help more people protect their residences."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access