CSC and IBM are strengthening their current alliance to offer a broadening set of secure-cloud products offered as a service, with the goal of increasing clients’ operational agility, choice, flexibility and cost-savings, the companies said
Large businesses increasingly are looking to the cloud to enhance workforce performance, advance mobility, improve access to information and gain competitive advantage without losing their existing infrastructure investment, the companies said.
“IBM Cloud is designed to assist clients in the hybrid cloud era, from the powerful footprint of SoftLayer to the rapid app development environment of Bluemix to the breadth of our software-as-a-service offerings on the IBM Cloud marketplace.” In addition to app development and infrastructure management, IBM and CSC said the new offerings would include:
- A center of excellence that will offer a range of IBM applications and platforms, including IBM Cloud’s SoftLayer infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and Bluemix, IBM’s open cloud platform for development of web and mobile applications
- The compatibility of SoftLayer IaaS with CSC’s ServiceMesh Agility Platform, which is intended to simplify and standardize the deployment, integration and management of applications built on SoftLayer, an IBM company, Bluemix and other cloud environments
- The future addition of CSC’s ServiceMesh Agility Platform to the IBM Cloud Marketplace, which enables developers, IT managers and business leaders to learn, try and buy software and services from IBM and its partners
- A joint marketing, sales and consulting collaboration to create a single, consumable services framework to support client app development and modernization, big data and analytics, cloud and mobility infrastructure capabilities, and security.
“Enhancing our partnership with IBM strengthens CSC’s strategy to modernize, mobilize, integrate, secure and manage the evolving global application ecosystem and our ability to helping clients transition to the hybrid cloud,” said Jim Smith, EVP and general manager of CSC global business services. “By collaborating, CSC and IBM can ensure that clients put the right information into the right employee hands at the right time wherever they may be. Clients will benefit from greater choice, operational agility, cost savings and integration flexibility when they become cloud-empowered enterprises.”
The CSC center of excellence for IBM products and solutions will offer advisory services for customers adopting IBM technology and support joint solution-definition, applications integration, sales and delivery activities, CSC said. Customers will have access to standardized CSC-designed applications built on IBM cloud and mobility platforms, as well as integration tools to support the addition of IBM mobile and big data and analytics solutions.
“IBM Cloud is designed to assist clients in the hybrid cloud era, from the powerful footprint of SoftLayer to the rapid app development environment of Bluemix to the breadth of our software-as-a-service offerings on the IBM Cloud marketplace.” said Steve Robinson, general manager of IBM Cloud Platform Services. “As we expand our relationship with CSC, we will work to bring even greater flexibility to our client bases as they increase their social, mobile and Big Data workloads in the cloud.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access