Erie Insurance has made five promotions in its information technology department.
The company says its goal is to reflect "the increased strategic-level responsibilities of these roles within the organization." When reached for comment, Erie EVP and CIO Robert Ingram explained that the company "continuously focuses on enhancing the customer experience."
"One facet of this is linking the digital environment with ERIE’s Above All in Service philosophy," Ingram says. "These areas of IT priority will enable us to continue to incorporate technology to better service the customer in ways that make sense."
The five individuals gaining new roles are:
- David Edgerton, VP, personal lines technology. Edgerton joined Erie Insurance in 2014 as an IT delivery manager and has been serving as an IT director since 2015. In his new role, he is responsible for enabling Erie's Personal Lines and ERIE Family Life product and service strategies.
- Marko Jovanovich, VP, infrastructure administration. Jovanovich is responsible for all data center and print operations, server, network and telephony administration and IT disaster recovery. He also oversees enterprise systems management and enterprise applications. He has been with Erie since 2003.
- Jamie Neumaier, VP, information security. Neumaier was hired as Erie's lead information security analyst in 2003. He was promoted to IT director in 2014, since when he has led the company's information security program.
- Erica Shine, VP, strategic initiatives. After joining Erie as an intern in 2005, Shine has held a variety of IT roles including project controls administrator, project manager and section supervisor.
- Tim Shine, VP, commercial lines technology. He joined Erie Insurance in 1999 as an actuarial programmer. Before that, he held IT positions at State Farm and GE Transportation.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access