Healthation has released an updated individual billing capacity for its benefit management system, AcceleHealth. The company said the latest version was designed to help organizations accommodate the influx of 32 million uninsured into healthcare market through the healthcare reform bill.
"Individual plans have been a small but labor-intensive sideline for most payers-until now,” said Scott Kornhauser, CEO, Healthation. “With healthcare reform, individual plans promise to become a major line of business, and in order for health plans to remain successful they will need to implement systems that allow them to handle individual billing very efficiently. There is expected to be a lot of competition for the millions of lives coming into the market, and the ability to offer flexible plans and benefit design within a real-time benefit management system is expected to be critical."
AcceleHealth is a Web-based benefit management system designed for use across all lines of business. The company said updates to the management system’s individual billing capacity will include:
• Contract creation
• Contract-level data elements down to the member level
• Rating at the member level
• The ability to control member-level eligibility and validation
• One common billing address to list bills and artificial groups of individual members while maintaining individual account receivables and "paid to" dates
• Automated lapsed payments at the member level with auto-reinstatement
• Automatic termination for non-payment of premium
• Ability to allow individuals to move freely within manual payment, Automated Clearing House (ACH) and credit card at the member level
• Automated, on-demand invoicing
• Broker relationships
• Ability to assign commission levels down to the individual member
• Multiple levels of agency/broker relationships at the member level
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access