At its 84th Annual Educational Conference and Business Show in San Diego this week, IASA awarded nine scholarships to students proven dedicated to academic excellence and the betterment of themselves, their campuses and their communities through service and leadership.
IASA established the program in 2009 as a demonstration of the association's commitment to aiding students at the sophomore level or above who are enrolled in a university with an insurance program and whose course of study includes working toward a degree in information technology, actuarial science, accounting or risk management.
New from IASA this year is the Walt Mason Scholarship, specifically designed to honor the long-time association supporter and volunteer, the late Walt Mason. The Walt Mason Scholarship will be given annually, and is intended to specifically honor an individual who has not only excelled academically, but has also displayed the same commitment to active volunteerism.
The nine recipients of the 3rd Annual IASA Scholarship Program, including the Walt Mason Scholarship:
$2,500 Walt Mason Scholarship
• Saachel Parker, St. John's University, Tobin College of Business: Seeking a degree in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Timothy Cowan, University of Wisconsin - Madison: Seeking a degree in Actuarial Science.
• Katelin Robertson, University of Central Arkansas: Seeing a degree in Insurance and Risk Management.
• Jacqueline Lukas, East Carolina University: Seeking a degree in Finance with a concentration in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Austin Grant, Illinois State University: Seeking a degree in Insurance.
• Jamie Snapp, New Mexico State University: Seeking a degree in Finance with a minor in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Patrick Ecklund, University of St. Thomas: Seeking a degree in Actuarial Science with Mathematics and Renaissance minors.
• Steven Zappia, Utica College: Seeking a degree in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Tsion Tilahun, University of North Carolina - Charlotte: Seeking a degree in Accounting with a minor in Management Information Systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access