Boston - Liberty Mutual Group enhanced its online workers compensation claims management to provide faster service and better outcomes. The Boston-based insurer provides those responsible for managing a claim instant online access to all of the related documents, while protecting the privacy of confidential medical information."We made a great claims management system even better by slashing the time required for documents from outside resources--such as medical reports, bills and even digital photos--to be available in the system," explains Kevin Carson, who manages the new process. "What took days can now happen in seconds. Outside partners can now send electronic versions of these reports, which instantly become part of our system. Other providers still send paper documents, which we now scan into the system within a day of arriving at Liberty Mutual."
Customers use RISKTRAC, Liberty Mutual's online risk information system to pull up the documents.
This faster access to a broader range of information on each WC claim is designed to help policyholders in three ways.
- Documents automatically become part of the claims management system, where they are instantly available to anyone who touches a claim--from nurse case managers to legal counsel and everyone in between. Gone is the need for anyone to enter a summary of each report in the system, wade through paper files for a specific report or copy a document and fax it to another resource.
- Bill reviewers see any alerts on a claim and can instantly call up the online medical report to confirm the treatment was appropriate and for a work-related injury.
- Liberty Mutual claims and service professionals can answer policyholder questions in minutes rather than hours or days. According to Carson, "Now our employees instantly pull up key documents online to provide an immediate answer to a policyholder. They no longer need to look for reports in paper files and call back with the answer."
Liberty Mutual's general liability policyholders will receive similar benefits next year, as the enhancement becomes part of the company's approach to managing liability claims.
Source: Business Wire
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access