Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has launched a new online disability claim submission application for employees of group disability clients. The new functionality also lets employees handle many aspects of their claims using a highly secure and confidential online process."Continuing to provide our clients and their employees with the secure tools they need to effectively manage disability issues is of paramount importance to us," says Al Hemond, vice president of disability risk management for Prudential's group insurance business. "Online employee claim submission supports our strategy of providing claims management services that are responsive to the varying needs of claimants."
Once a claim is submitted, employees receive automatic access to an online application that enables them to:
- Set up tax withholding information.
- Establish or make changes to electronic fund transfers.
- Change contact information.
- Provide date of birth information for themselves and their families.
- View and print claim statements via a Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
The latest enhancements serve as a follow-up to January 2004 employee modifications that included online applications to report delivery dates related to pregnancy claims and dates when individuals have returned to work.
Prudential's group disability clients already have access to a range of automated services, including online billing, access to claim and payment reports, access to an online document center and an integrated online/IVR enrollment application.
Source: Prudential Financial Inc.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access