The National Committee for Quality Assurance reviewed and ranked more than 474 private health plans based on clinical performance, member satisfaction and NCQA Accreditation. To be eligible for rankings, NCQA said, health plans must authorize public release of their performance information and submit enough data for statistically valid analysis.
NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2012-2013 used NCQA’s established rankings methodology, which has been used and widely recognized since 2005, according to NCQA.
1. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care – HMO/POS (MA, ME)
2. Tufts Associated Health Maintenance Organization – HMO/POS (MA)
3. Capital Health Plan – HMO (FL)
4. Tufts Benefit Administrators – PPO (MA, RI)
5. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care – PPO (MA)
6. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado – HMO (CO)
7. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England – HMO/POS (NH)
8. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Northern California – HMO (CA)
9. Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin – HMO (WI)
10. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Southern California – HMO (CA)
11. Health New England – HMO/POS (MA)
12. Geisinger Health Plan – HMO/POS (PA)
13. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest – HMO (OR, WA)
14. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts HMO Blue – HMO/POS (MA)
15. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States – HMO (DC, MD, VA)
16. UPMC Benefit Management Services – HMO/POS (PA)
16. UPMC Health Plan – HMO/POS (PA)
18. Grand Valley Health Plan – HMO (MI)
19. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan - Hawaii – HMO (HI)
20. Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (Self-Funded) and CDPHP Universal Benefits – PPO (NY)
NCQA is a private not-for-profit organization focused on improving health care quality. NCQA was founded in 1990 with the intention of helping to elevate the issue of health care quality to the top of the national agenda.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access