ACE Group has launched the ACE Travel Smart app, which is intended to help employers to fulfill their duty of care and mitigate the risks faced by employees while travelling, the insurer said.
The app is the latest feature of ACE Business Class, the company’s business travel insurance proposition, which includes emergency medical transportation, security evacuation covering a range of perils, such as political or social unrest, terrorist attack or natural disaster, and access to emergency security advisory and assistance services.
ACE Travel Smart offers:
- An assistance contact button, offering direct access to ACE’s medical and emergency assistance partners, whether for advice on a minor ailment or a serious condition
- Live access to location-specific safety alerts, including for diseases, crime, civil unrest, acts of terrorism and natural disasters
- Translations of common medical conditions and medications
- Up-to-date embassy and consulate contact information
- A currency converter
- Pre-travel destination advice and information
In a second version to be rolled out shortly, ACE Travel Smart will add an online dashboard for risk, insurance, HR and benefit managers, which will help them track and communicate with travelling employees in real-time and offer ACE’s multinational customers access to the ACE Worldview technology platform.
“With employees increasingly travelling to less well-known destinations, EMEA businesses need a solution that offers comprehensive insurance cover, combined with high-quality 24/7 emergency and medical assistance and the technology that helps them stay in control,” said Stephane Baj, regional director, of A&H corporate and affinity for ACE in EMEA. “ACE Travel Smart is an innovative solution that brings all the elements of ACE’s business travel proposition together, helping employers to fulfill their duty of care while providing the information that staff need to make their travel safer and easier.”
[See also: ACE's First Notice of Loss App for Oil Spills]
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access