Farmers Insurance Group of Cos. is doing what it can to contribute to a green environment. The insurer is offering a new, eco-friendly product for its Illinois customers wishing to “go green.”
Called “Eco-Rebuild,” this new endorsement will supplement Farmers homeowners insurance by allowing customers to replace destroyed property in ways beneficial to the environment.
The “Eco-Rebuild” endorsement includes:
• $25,000 for extra costs incurred to rebuild or replace with “green” materials
• If the house is an Energy Star Qualified Home, the endorsement will cover the cost of upgrading damaged property to meet new Energy Star requirements
• Reimbursement for recycling debris rather than disposal
• Reimbursement for extra costs incurred by using other means of power in the event of loss of alternative power generating equipment
In addition to Illinois, the product is also available in 28 other states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
“We are excited to bring this product to the market and give our earth-conscious customers an option previously not available to them,” says Jeff Reinig, Farmers Insurance SVP of Home Product Management. “This is quite literally an investment in our global future and we are excited to be the industry leaders.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access