Octo Telematics has launched Octo U, a smartphone driving app that rewards good drivers with cheaper insurance. The app monitors and scores driver or rider behavior and the option of personalized insurance quotes based on their scores.
Octo U uses GPS technology to collect trip data and ranks each trip based on behavior such as speeding, hard braking and acceleration; it also accounts for weather, road conditions, time of day, type of road, distance, length of journey, cornering and traffic conditions, and then sends drivers tips on how to improve, Octo said. Those with good scores can receive insurance quotes from a panel of insurers.
Octo U is available as a free download for iPhones and Android devices. Octo said the benefits include:
- Auto stop and start function requires no driver interaction and makes it easy to record trips
- Accurate insights into driving behavior
- Practical hints and tips on how to improve
- Discounted insurance premiums for good drivers and riders
- Benefits of telematics in a smartphone format
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access