Fairfax, Va. — The Public Entity Risk Institute (PERI), a nonprofit research institute focused on risk management, launched an improved Web site designed to ease access to an extensive collection of risk management publications, programs and tools. Among the enhanced features found on the site is an expanded resource library organized by topic, audience and type of resource for more user-friendly research.
“PERI’s new Web site will facilitate our efforts to broadly share risk management information and resources, and serve our mission to expand the practice of risk management throughout organizations and communities,” explains Gerard Hoetmer, executive director of PERI. “This Web site will be a valuable resource for local governments, small businesses, nonprofit organizations, researchers, policymakers and members of the press.”
The Web site now contains:
• Information on a wide range of risk management topics including: benchmarking & performance measurement, disaster preparedness, disaster response, disaster recovery, environmental liability, global warming, land use & planning, law enforcement and fire, public health & safety, terrorism and homeland security, and workers’ compensation.
• An E-training center, which includes numerous free and low-cost online training courses on risk management and emergency management topics.
• A Symposium center, in which PERI will periodically host online forums to explore solutions to current risk management issues.
• The PERI Data Exchange, which is PERI’s benchmarking and performance measurement program. The Data Exchange aids public sector organizations in benchmarking their liability and workers’ compensation claims experience against similar organizations.
• A news and announcements page providing links to the latest news from PERI and from the risk management industry, as well as PERI news releases and PERI’s quarterly newsletter PERIScope.
• PERI’s Enterprise program, which was created to help bring innovative products and services to market.
• An online bookstore, where Web site users can purchase publications, training courses and Data Exchange services using PERI’s secure check-out process.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access