Newtown Square, Pa., SAP AG has published a book, titled Enterprise Services for Financial Services: Taking SOA to the Next Level, which reveals the growing importance that service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise services will play in banking and insurance organizations as the financial services industry continues to transform.As financial services companies face shifts in customer behavior, consolidation and increasing regulatory requirements, the book outlines a road map to better cope with these pressures and help simplify technology adoption.
Written for C-level technology executives at banks and insurance companies, the book provides a vision and approach for tomorrow's solution landscape for financial services organizations. Complete with industry insight on internal and external market challenges from banking and insurance executives and leading industry analysts, the book offers practical examples of how to utilize SOA standards to help the business.
"This book is a resource to help banking and insurance executives understand and leverage SOA and enterprise services at the technology and business levels," says Thomas Balgheim, senior vice president, financial services, SAP AG. "The premise of SOA is based on the principles of exchange and interoperability; this vision cannot be achieved when every bank and insurer or software vendor has its own definition of a service-enabled IT environment."
Book highlights include:
SOA and enterprise services: How a common "language of business" can help banks and insurance companies better leverage SOA and its promises of flexibility.
- Characteristics of enterprise service-oriented architecture: Architectural concepts, deployment and model-driven design.
- Designing an application landscape: Business-driven design approach, types of services, architectural plan.
- SAP's approach to enterprise service-oriented architecture (enterprise SOA): Software layers, service design, process platform, component clusters, process platform.
- Standards-based business applications: Semantic, technical, and portability standards.
- Transition to enterprise SOA: Critical success factors.
- Enterprise SOA checklist: Steps to successful deployment.
The book, published by SAP PRESS, is available for purchase at http://www.sap.com/industries/banking/index.epx.
Source: SAP AG
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access