Insurance Networking News magazine, a SourceMedia publication, today released the results of its Women in Insurance Leadership (WIL) program, a special designation to honor female insurance executives who have made a significant impact on their businesses.
This year's six WIL winners are:
• Pat Rayl, 2nd VP, technology services, Aflac (Nominated by Aflac)
Also receiving recognition are four Notable Achievers, who have successfully driven significant project and/or process improvements within their companies:
• Jill Bookman, CEO, American Collectors Insurance (Nominated by Aartrijk, on behalf of American Collectors Insurance)
• Regina Carter, managing director, Aon Risk Insurance Services West (Nominated by Aon Risk Insurance Services West)
• Susan Kostro, SVP, specialty casualty, Ironshore Inc. (Nominated by Torrance Co. on behalf of Ironshore Inc.)
"For five years, INN has been recognizing female leaders who positively affect critical processes within the IT and business environments of their organizations," said Carrie Burns, INN editor and WIL project manager. "We are pleased to add these 10 women from across the carrier, broker and agent communities to the WIL family."
Nominations were vetted by INN editors, and narrowed down to a "WIL Top 10." Judges then ranked each candidate based on contribution to the institution's top and bottom lines, job complexity, corporate governance and ethics, and leadership and management skills. The final scores determined the winners and Notable Achievers. INN would like to thank the judges—three of the award program's 2009 top six winners:
• Maureen Hegarty, VP, claims operations, Electric Insurance Co.
• Peggy Stewart, EVP & COO, Aon Risk Services Inc.
• Jane Tutoki, EVP and chief claims officer, Zurich in North America
The 2010 winners will be featured in the September/October 2010 issue of INN, and will be recognized at INN's WIL Forum Sept. 26-27, 2010, in Chicago. The two-day conference, held in conjunction with the IASA Executive Edge conference, is dedicated to the professional development of women across the insurance and financial services sectors.
For more information about the forum, click here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access