State Farm has made its Driver Feedback mobile app available on Android devices. This free app is designed to turn a person’s cell phone into a pocket-sized driving coach when placed in the car.
The app uses the device’s accelerometer to measure three essential driving behaviors: acceleration, braking and cornering.
When activated, at the end of a trip, the app provides the driver with a score and a log of potentially dangerous driving activities. If the app detects especially risky driving behaviors it suggests tips for improvement.
According to State Farm, key new features of the Driver Feedback app include:
* The ability to record trips and receive feedback on driving performance
* A map illustrating where potentially dangerous driving activities occurred
* The ability for drivers to compare their scores, or track the progress of an individual driver
* A trip completion notification allowing a driver to send a text or email to someone when they safely complete their trip
* Multi-trip average scores (up to five) to track progress
The app is now available for Android, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access